Friday, January 15, 2010

What the fuck

A broken relationship is a crushing thing. It’s a tearing of the very fibre that makes us human. We loose ourselves in the process, we become a shadow of who we were and in most cases; we morph into another person. It’s an interesting thing. And I believe we all have gone through a broken relationship at least once in our lives.
I’ve had my share and the worse kind, is when they leave without telling you anything. They just stop talking to you and leaves you with silence. That’s the most painful of all. The hurt of a broken heart is compounded by the sense of rejection. Once you were the darling of the person, now you are an after thought.
For a long time, I battled depression. I am no longer ashamed to talk about it because I have come to accept it as a natural part of my personality. No point hiding behind a sense of false positivity when inside, you are miserable and down.
There are mornings I don’t feel like getting out of bed. There are days I don’t feel like talking to anyone. There are moments, I want to curl up on the floor and cry. Yet there are times, I want to hit out at people around me and make them understand how I am feeling.
I don’t need words of encouragement or pearls of wisdom. All that is needed is a gentle hug and you saying, “I am here for you.”
Depression brought about by a broken relationship is bad enough. Misplaced words by friends add salt into a gaping wound.
I am going through a period at this moment. I’m coping and it’s really complicated. I don’t need “words of wisdom”, instead I just need people to care and understand the view from my side of the fence

No comments:

Post a Comment